Monday, September 29, 2014

One eye open.......

There is a saying.........Blind in one eye, can't see out of the other.......or here's another.....the blind leading the blind.......I'm referring to me and my human........

I headed to the lake for one last time for the year.  Our traveling home needed to come down and  be put to bed in storage for the winter and I needed one last trip up there to recoup.  As soon as the other eye is done, I won't be the blind leading the blind anymore.  I/we will be seeing clearly and in focus.........

One morning with coffee in hand I managed to maneuver my way to the beach. This was a perfect time to go puddle jumping.  To bad it was too cold to do just that.  Kick off the shoes, stomp in the rain water.  Loved doing that as a child.  Still love doing that as an adult.   A slight drizzle was falling. I didn't care.  I wasn't going to melt.......yet....... I was surprised to see that the sunrise managed to burn a path along the top of the mountain and give me a show of the most brilliant red.  Red sky in the morning, sailors take warning.  Red sky at night, sailors delight.  I should have listened to the warning.




There's something to be said having Mother Nature give you a wake up call that makes you sit upright in bed.  Being in the mountains, the thunder echos and bounces off the mountains clear across the lake.  The lightening strikes are bright and flashy. Add the heavy sound of rain beating on the roof top and you have the makings of staying inside all day watching movies or reading a good book.


The lake in the backfround...no worries.. There was the makings of
an entirely new lake right in front of us.  We had the perfect spot for
beach front property, including having a picnic table smack dab in the
middle of it.  

The fall colors are gorgeous right now. The rain seemed to be bathing them, washing off the dust and dirt.  They were bright and colorful.   The clouds hung low on the mountain sides and hugged the tops of the trees.  It rained so hard taking pictures was out of the question.  So I did the next best thing.........took pictures from a moving car, rapid trigger finger snapping away.




Soon the leaves will be gone and the branches once full of leaves will be replaced with a blanket of snow...............all will be quiet.





All will be quiet until I show up once again next spring making as much noise as I possibly can.......don't think for one minute I am going to let my human curl up in a ball and roll away.  Nope..ain't gonna happen..........I'll make sure she gets refueled, regenerated, and revived........she'll be good as new and seeing with two good eyes..................




Twitter @CotySimon
Instagram/Howunique310

No comments:

Post a Comment