Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Mountain High.......

There is no better way to spend a lovely last Saturday of Fall than in the mountains.  Octoberfest is a happening place to be.  Song, dance, beer, brats, people.....mountain air, leaves just turning colors......When someone suggests to "head for the hills"....I will do just that...don't have to ask me twice.  I don't need to burn rubber.....it's a glorious short 20 minute ride.......the mountains give me another place to mellow the mind.  Beer and thin air has that affect on me.......






Taking a Tram up to the mountain top where the air is thin, kind of leaves you weak in the knees and short of breath.  The view takes my breath away literally.  Elevation approximately 9,000+ feet above sea level.  No wonder I leave my heart on sandy beaches.  I can breath at sea level.   I do feel closer to heaven up here though.  I won't have far to go if I should happen to kick the bucket up here.    

On a clear day you can see the valley floor of Salt Lake City.   Just not
today.  Hazy smoke filled the skies from the fires burning
in California.  

In a few weeks, these mountain sides will be covered with a blanket of deep
white powdery snow.   The skiers will be heading down the hills.  

Over yonder mountain tops, lies the beautiful valley of Heber  City.   Clouds riding
the jet stream.  

There is 360 degrees of gorgeous views ...I want to stay here forever.  


When I look at the mountains from here in the valley, I feel safe and secure.  They are my security blanket.  Being on top of these mountains, I can see how people feel they are on top of the world.  I get it.......because you are.......The terrain changes along with the seasons.  From green to brown to a multitude of colors, to just plain white.  You put it against a bright blue sky background and it's breath taking.  As much as I complain about hating the winters, hating being cold, I can't say that I hate looking at the mountains.....no matter what color they are.  I'll bundle up, buck up, and handle the cold winter once again when it comes around this year.  Winter will be here sooner than I want.  







"The Mountain Song"


And someday when you're feeling awkward
and someday when you're down
Come to me I will give you anything
I'll turn your frown around

I wish I knew who wrote and who sang this song.  I could only find it as a ringtone.  No songwriter listed, no singer(s) listed if this song was ever recorded.  Whoever wrote/sang this, I would like to give them credit.  I've put an excerpt of part of the song lyrics in this blog.  This little part of the song just seemed to fit.  


Twitter@CotySimon
Instagram/Howunique310

No comments:

Post a Comment