Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Out of Focus

Having two eyes firmly planted in your head, wearing a pair of contact lenses, and then putting on a pair of reading glasses to see the small stuff in front of you, is not fun.  Try looking through a camera lens with all that plastic attached to your face.  It ain't easy McGee!!

Over the past few months the eyesight has changed...for the worse.........not being able to see clearly is unsettling.  It was time to see the eye doc anyway and I figured my human was due for a prescription change.  Little did I know that walking out of this appointment I would be walking back into another seeing a surgeon.  Nothing serious.  Just cataracts that have finally told my human it's time.  It's time to take the buggers out and put in lenses that will enable her to see clearly without benefit of glasses and/or contact lenses.

I'm young at heart, but my eyes are telling me that I am aging.  I don't qualify for Medicare so I am still young! Age doesn't matter when it comes to cataracts.  Babies can be born with them.  You can develop them at anytime in your life.  I've battled mine for years.  Small at first, didn't give me any trouble or grief, and then wham.......they became larger than life and it was time to realize the reason I could not see clearly was due to the fact that cataracts have taken over my vision.  I've realized now that I have tried to compensate for my lack of clear sightedness.  I got used to it.  It was normal for me.  I haven't seen clearly, like every detail on a tree, leaves with veins, flowers, and the biggest......street signs for a long time.   I feel like I have been Helen Keller driving behind the wheel.  As scary as that sounds, I can see, but I don't have to read street signs as I know where I going. I know where I am headed.  Objects in front of me are not blurry.  Slightly out of focus, but not blurry. I don't see double.  I don't see triple of anything, although there have been times seeing double/triple would have been a pleasing sight to these eyes of mine!!!

I rely on my vision for a lot of things.  I  have realized it's just another item on my list that I have taken for granted.  My senses are everything.  Sight, hearing, smell, taste and sound........... Soon I will have a new lease on my sight.  I'll be able to see clearly again.  I'm almost scared to go back and look at past photos I've taken.  Will they be as clear to me now as I thought they were then?  Or....so out of focus that it has left my mind muddled with doubt?




After receiving the news that I will need a very simple 10 minute procedure on my eyes to correct my vision, I headed to the park.  One of my favorites parks to go to mediate, to contemplate.........I have mountains, water, and birds to look at....................







I learned to say a long time ago that "never and can't" are not words.  I will never do this....I will never do that.....I can't do it....I've replaced those words with I will try...........


I will try to be an inner child that pushes my human to do better.  I will try to remain who I am...........who I am is me.............take me as I am or not at all.  I can only change for me.........Will my new clear vision improve my photos?  Probably not, but at least I will be able to say I tried....................will it improve what I type on the keyboard?  Definitely not.......unless I tell myself to "try" and change my attitude.......for sure, I will try to remain "me" to the best of my ability with some new sauciness thrown in the mix with a side of humble pie..............I am after all, just an inner child who loves to do crazy, spontaneous things in life.  Never boring, never dull..................



Twitter @CotySimon
Instagram/Howunique310

No comments:

Post a Comment