Monday, October 13, 2014

Details

I often wonder how many people can truly see what's in front of them.....see what's in their reach, but choose to not extend their arms any further then they have to.  I'm guilty of not seeing what's in front of me.  I'm guilty of not seeing what's ahead.  I'm guilty as charged.

After having my eyes rid of troublesome cataracts, I can see clearly.......literally... and I'm still looking with eyes wide open and marveling what I have missed for such a long time.  Details.  It's all in the details.....walking outside in the back yard and seeing blades of grass.  Yes I saw them before, but not the crease in the middle of the blade.  I see petals on flowers, veins on tree leaves........




I can see.  I can see more than a few feet in front of me with clear, focused eyes.  I can see things that I haven't been able to see in years.  I thought my vision was normal, clearly in focus, and oblivious to anything else....I guess it's why I see with eyes wide open, looking ahead of me and what's above me.   I don't want to miss anything.  What is normal for me, is not for someone else.......I don't live in a perfect world, and I still miss what's in front of me.  But that is what makes my journey in life exciting.  I can go back and see what I missed the first time around.  Chances are I won't see it all, but I'll see what I need to see.......




From a pair of eyes that were blind in one eye and couldn't see out of the other, with contact lenses, and a pair of reading glasses, that equals 3 pairs of blurry visionary eyes....now its a normal pair of eyes with clear vision topped off with occasionally putting readers on to see the really, really, really fine print..............has this opened my eyes?  You bet it has.  Will it improve anything or everything I do in my life moving forward?  Nope....... I am who I am.......with better vision to see with.  And, just in time, too.............................I have an eye opening experience coming up this week............



Twitter@CotySimon
Instagram.com/Howunique310

No comments:

Post a Comment