Monday, September 30, 2013

All Eyes on Fall

September is in the final  day of existence for 2013.  Fall is definitely in the air.  Hot dry air turned to warm air, then to cooler air, to darn right nippy outside for the last few days.  I woke up to snow on the mountain peaks one morning.  I'm not ready for the mountains to be covered, but when I am, I'll be ready....sort of, not really......okay, I will.  By that time all the leaves are off the trees, everything looks dead, and I will be ready for a fresh coat of white fluff to cover up the dull, gray looking surroundings.......

It was not the best week to snap any pictures.  Rain, work, wind, then more rain, then cold, more work.  It was dreary outside for sure.  I love to shop when it's dreary though.   I took my sister in law to a great place to do a bit of shopping.  A place that has unique and different items to look at and buy.  It's eclectic.  Shops in refurbished houses that are lined up next to each other and looks more like an old time town, than a place to do any shopping. We were on the hunt for quilts.  Found them, and that will be another story for me in a few months to share and show pictures.   Fall and Halloween decor were everywhere.  Hay bales, corn stalks, lots and lots of pumpkins, and life sized witches.  Some moving, some riding bikes, some floating in a boat on a lazy river.  I found my human host.........just standing there as if she owned the place.  I think it's a great likeness of her..........

Gardner Village

Good likeness?
A witch of Gardner Village

I had good intentions to head for the mountains and snap fall leaves, but the weather made that decision for me.  Picking the pumpkins I grew this year seemed like a better idea.  The previous weekend still haunts me and will yet for awhile.  I needed to face the spot my beloved pet is buried in.  I had a bumper crop of pumpkins this year and they needed to be picked.  I couldn't avoid looking at that spot of fresh dirt as I picked my pumpkins and pulled up the vines.  I think Fred would have been pleased with all the pumpkins we grew.  It was a favorite spot for him during the summer to shade himself under the huge leaves and lay on the cool dirt..............




My front porch is starting to take on the look of Fall.  I've lined up pumpkins on the porch steps, nestled them among my flowers, and pray that I don't wake up some morning to half of them smashed in the street.  That still seems to be the ultimate goal for kids......do a grab and smash of the pumpkins.  As we get closer to Halloween, I'm sure pumpkin guts will start appearing on the roads..........yuk.......I'm hoping to have a few to carve.  The kids are grown and gone, but who says you have to have kids to carve pumpkins?  There is a little tool called a Dremel.......wonderful invention, fabulous invention and makes quick work carving out pumpkins........




I write about what I see through the eyes of my inner child as she snaps away pictures.  I see life as she sees it....sometimes colorful, sometimes gray that turns to black.  She will always keep her eyes open, looking around to capture a life moment.............what do you do to remember what just happened?   What do you do to capture a memory?  Do you remember the good or just the bad?  See life through the eyes of a child...you'll be amazed.  See life as it is now......remember it, cherish it, or file it in a round file to be forgotten.  Look and see what you have before it disappears...........forever........


Thank you all, my lovelies, for reading and sharing these rambling thoughts.  May your weeks ahead be filled with love, kindness, and caring.  Smile.......just think, Christmas is only 85 days away, or 2049 hours, or 122949 minutes.....but the best is 7376902 seconds away......


twitter @CotySimon
Instagram - Howunique310

No comments:

Post a Comment