Friday, September 13, 2013

Wandering Eyes........


I live in a climate where we have 4 seasons most of the time.   Beautiful spring weather that ushers in flowers that are still sometimes buried in snow.  Long, hot, lazy summers that roll into the kids heading back to school, cooler temps and the changing colors on the mountains sides for fall.........Last by not least, a long, cold, snowy winter season.  According to the calendar, each season is 3 months long.  If only it were that easy to predict.

Living in Utah, we can go from summer to winter in a blink of an eye.  We can go from winter to summer just as fast.  Sometimes we skip spring and fall.  This year, we're on track for 4 seasons.  At least I hope.  I am not ready to give up summer yet.  I love the heat, the outdoors, and no shoes. Winter  forces me to wear cumbersome contraptions.  I wrap them up in socks, shove them into shoes or boots.  My feet love to be naked............they are happy when they are free.  Free to walk around on thick carpet, or run through puddles of water after a warm, summer rain.  Granted I can still run my toes and feet across soft carpet, but really now, stepping on to a frozen glazier of freshly fallen snow, just isn't quite as appealing.


Arizona........so much can be said about a place that is hot and dry.  Most people have a love/hate relationship with it.  I love it.......and I love the heat........






I feel fortunate to have a son who now resides in sunny, hot Arizona.  My baby boy..........if you can call a 29 year old a baby.  All my boys are my babies.  Always will be......no matter how old they are.






The hubby and I flew down for a few days recently to see our son and witness him receiving his final certification.  He's now diesel engine qualified.........He's become a master mechanic.  A field that so suits him.  He's good at it.  He's good with his hands.   It causes him to think a problem through.  This kid has struggled through his life.  He's one of those kids that has attention deficit with hyperactivity.  This accomplishment he's achieved, is proof to the pudding that you never give up on your kids.  No matter the challenges they give you and no matter the challenge they are to themselves. He pushed himself through almost 2 1/2 years of studies and worked his butt off.  Work/school/study......no time for anything else.  Now he can take a deep breath and enjoy life.........He earned it.........especially after this little ceremony.....the kid was sick.....had been up all night.  No sleep, nauseated, but still could throw out a smile.........





Arizona provides a home for my son, a place I can go and enjoy some warmth occasionally from the cold hard winters Utah slams at me, and a place where I can take pictures.






It doesn't matter where I land.......I'll aim and shoot at something.................in an airport, in a plane way up high, inside a car.............at my favorite, park-your-behind-on-a-stool, brewery........or even taking pictures of what's inside a big diesel rig........large than life diesel engine blocks.  Exhaust hoses venting fumes to the outside air...........nothing escapes my wandering eyes.........I'm always looking at what I can snap with my cameras.







I get excited to aim and shoot.  See what it looks like on a screen.  Will it need editing or do I delete it......what will I aim and shoot at next?....................Kind of sounds like life.....will I need to edit what I am doing, or delete it all together?

Life is grand........live it, love it and feel it.............


twitter@CotySimon
Instagram - Howunique310







No comments:

Post a Comment