Monday, September 16, 2013

Eyeing the Exit

I never have to look far to find inspiration.  It's what I am trying to get inspiration for that I have a problem with.  Doesn't make sense, but realistically, it does.  It is the right one?  It is the wrong one?  Is it on the left?  It is on the right?........Sometimes I feel I am heading down a wrong path only to reach a fork in the road. When I reach that fork in the road, I question myself on which path to continue on.  Do I go left?  Do I go right?  Sometimes there is no real direction or decision to make.  I just have to pick it, go for it, and trust in myself that it's the right one for me.  If it's not....learning from my mistakes is all about making me a better person, or realizing that there is no right or wrong choice.......life is a lot about the roads you take and the exits leading to something new...........

TAKE AN EXIT THAT LEADS YOU TO SOMEPLACE NEW..

Salt Lake City, Utah
Home

I have a photo gallery of a couple thousand photos that are stored deep in the innards of my computer.  I love pretty things just like the next person.  My definition of "pretty" is not so much materialistic items, but what I find when I walk out a door and see what is before me when I look around.  I was looking for some inspiration to write about.   Opening up my photo gallery is all I needed to find that one picture that knocks the breath right out of me..........

These mountains that surround me, hug me, give me peace of mind and
a feeling of security and inspiration.........looking outside, from my backyard,
is all I need to put a smile on my face.......


I am not photographer, I've said that already.  I am a picture taker.  I am not a writer either.  I am a blogger.  I have found that both of these things put together helps me relieve some creative pressure built up in my brain.  The inner child I am needs this.   Now that the weather is turning, different visions are appearing outside.........I hope soon to take a ride up the mountains to see the fall colors, before everything becomes dead looking.  I love fall for the colors.

The cool, crisp air brings to my senses, the smell of baking inside the house.  I've switched over the fruits and florals that I have been burning so far, to the smells of baking.  I like to burn two candles at the same time.  I mix scents.  A fruit such as apple with a spicey.......pumpkin spice with a pear scent.  Makes your whole house feel warm and inviting.  I am a candle nut............I have wax for blood sometimes!!!!  I owned a candle shop for a long time.  Loved it and I miss it.  But, I don't miss the headaches that go along with owning your own business.

Harvest by Yankee Candle
burn this with McIntosh, Spiced Apple, Spiced Pear
Pumpkin Pie, Autumn Wreath, Pumpkin Spice or
if you want to feel you are in the mountains, burn it
with a pine scent...you may not be able to find the
pine scents now, but give it a month, then you will.
I feel like a magician pulling a rabbit out of his hat.  I pulled up some pictures of fall from a couple of years ago back when I was a road traveler for my job at that time......I kind of miss traveling this time of the year.  I saw some very pretty scenery during my fall travels.  Mother Nature has a magical way of turning the scenery in to a glorious array of colors............is it a peace offering for Old Man Winter to hold off a bit longer from showing us his cold, blustery temper?



Finding these pictures really makes me hungry to head for the hills and start snapping away.  I need Mother Nature to cooperate though.  It seems that she's cried her eyes out lately.  Tomorrow, I'll head for the hills, hopefully tomorrow I can see what the mountains are holding onto before they, too, shed the last of summer and make way for the winter snow.........

Yuk.......snow is a 4 letter, wash your mouth out with soap word for me.  Here's a oxymoron statement......I love the snow, like looking at the snow, I just don't care to be cold anymore and cooped up in my house for what seems like a century while it snows feet instead of inches........and where the drivers here in Utah think they are kings/queens of the road with their 4 wheel drive machines they call SUV's, that think they can out drive a silly snowstorm.  In other words.........the roads are full of idiots with big machines that drive way too fast for the conditions of the roads and put us all in grave danger!!!!  Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on how one looks at it, I also drive a 4WD machine called a SUV....I drive it so the other idiots out there can see me.  I'm hell on wheels.....stay out of my way.......think maybe I just described myself as a Utah driver.....that I am, but I'm a Princess, not a Queen...........You don't have to worry about me on the snowy roads, it's the other drivers you need to worry about.............

Find your inspiration.  Take a risk, exit onto a road you've never been on before.  The only way to know is to do it and try it..............keep your eye on the exit......don't miss it.  While you're at it, be someones inspiration.  Take them along for the ride, too..............

If you read my blog, look at my pictures, reach out and share this with someone who might enjoy the ride.  Some of the best friends I have, I found here......sharing what I see, with you......I'll be honest, I still have a hankering to jot down a few more words about someone who still is occupying a portion of my brain........but I can't and I won't........I'll continue sharing my thoughts privately with a selected few who are still in awe of following the footsteps of someone who captured a lot of peoples hearts.........




twitter@CotySimon
Instagram - Howunique310

No comments:

Post a Comment