Monday, August 18, 2014

Open Eyes...........

Top of the mornin' .....coffee, sunrises, and the lake. It's
a perfect trio.......


I'm up before the birds sing...... I love catching sunrises at the lake. I can sleep in when I am at home.   Everyday is different.  No two sunrises are the same.  This is my reverent time.  My time to stop and look at what I miss when I don't get up before the birds.  It's my time to listen to what not is going on around me.  No people, no trucks or cars, no outside big city sounds.  Just birds waking up, flocks of geese flying over, the sounds of a breeze going through the leaves, the lapping of the lake against the beach.........A sky that starts to turn different colors, opens my eyes up........ I see colors of red, orange, pink, yellow..........A sun that peeks over the mountain tops and shines down on the water that is as smooth as silk..........Each sunrise is a gift.  It's a reminder that I am alive... A gift I gladly take and capture.




Running on empty is never a good thing, mentally, physically or mechanically.  Taking the time to refuel and rejuvenate is necessary in order to keep on going, keep on moving...... Even if it's for a brief moment.



I will type away on the keys of my lap top and listen to the rhythm of the falling rain hitting the canopy roof, the sound of the thunder that gets closer and louder.  It's late enough in the day that if the clouds empty themselves of moisture,  I might have the priviledge of catching a sunset that will take my breath away and leave my mouth gapping wide open.......what will be my breathless moment tomorrow I wonder?  Whatever it may be, it will be a gift that I will open carefully and love it dearly.................I write about this lake often.  I love this lake.

There is sunshine even on a cloudy day

Sooner rather than later I will head back up to the lake.  Sooner rather than later I will clear out the mind of all things negative.  Sooner rather than later I will fill up my soul with all things positive.  Sooner rather than later I will look rather than close my eyes.  Sooner rather than later I will listen rather  than ignore.  Sooner rather than later I will................................





Twitter@CotySimon
Instragram/Howunique310

1 comment:

  1. I love this Coty. You have drawn me a picture of something so beautiful and sooner rather then later, I will enjoy every part of it.

    ReplyDelete