Tuesday, July 1, 2014

I heart Futbol &......

For several weeks I have been all too consumed by the World Cup and how much the USA has wrapped their arms around futbol or soccer as most American's call it.   I admit it.....I am a soccer fiend, nut, crazy soccer lady....whatever...I love soccer.  I support our MLS team, Real Salt Lake, and even more, the players.  They run hard, play hard, lose with dignity, and are a joy to watch when they win.  Makes me feel like a proud momma, like I am to my own 3 boys, to watch Kyle Beckerman and Nick Rimando be in the World Cup.  Nick is #3 goal keeper.  Won't see play time, but just to know that our keeper is on the team is enough for me. Kyle....He plays hard and is good at what he does.  Even rolling those dreads.......They are the best of the best.............all the players.  I have seen a lot of the players play against us in regular seasons games.  When they play us again on our home field, I will have a sense of pride as I watch them run on the field and play a game that they all so much love.    Whether the USA wins or loses, it doesn't matter.  They are all winners in my book.

The boys of  Real Salt Lake.......Nick Rimando - goal keeper.  The captain of RSL, Kyle Beckerman....so very proud of their accomplishments in being able to play in the World Cup 2014.





I love futbol, John Wayne movies, country music, corn on the cob, cowboys, cold beer on a hot summer day, hot dogs, apple pie, my family, you, soccer/futbol and the U.S. of A...............

Happy 4th of July this week.  Be safe, be well, and have a helluva good time...............




@CotySimon/Twitter
Instagram/Howunique310

1 comment: