Monday, April 7, 2014

Eyes on Spring...


There is a bush in the back of our yard that the birds use as shelter from the weather elements.  During the winter months, they congregate back there, 20 or more of them.  You can't see them, but you can hear them.  I'd give a bag of bird seed to know what they are chattering about.  It's the neighborhood gossip bush.

Growing up, Moms didn't work.  They stayed home and raised their kids, cooked breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  They wiped runny noses and bottoms, and put bandaids on our boo-boos.  They told us to go back outside and play. They were the Mrs. Clevers and the Lucy's of the world.....  Back then, a mothers escape from all the sanity we kids gave them, was to sit around a kitchen table and gossip.  When I hear the birds chattering in this bush, it reminds me of all the ladies in the neighborhood, sitting in the kitchen, drinking tea or coffee, cackling about so and so's kid and what they did, or didn't do.  Listening to them say "did you hear about"........and then they would all lean in and listen with intent.........I was not fond of our neighborhood gossip choir.......I  always thought I was an angel......my mother heard differently!!!!

This bush in the back of my yard gives me the first sign that spring is here.  The leaves are budding and the birds still congregate in it.   Now the chorus of Quail calling for their mates has been added to the birds gossip mix.    Signs of life are sprouting up all over the place.  Mother Nature seems to be trying to let go of Old Man Winters grasp and give us some color to enjoy.  Old Man Winter did dust us again with white fluff, I hope for the last time, last week.  Thank heavens tulips are a hardy flower.  The snow bent them over and laid them on the ground, but once the snow melted, they stood right back up and spread their petals for everyone to see.
Everything looked like it was dusted with
powdered sugar....





The lilac bushes are budding.  Soon they will
give me beautiful blossoms, itchy eyes,
and a snotty nose.   Awwww...spring time
allergies.......HATE IT!!!!

I dusted off the camera, cleaned the lenses off of my sticky finger prints and headed out on a couple of trips.  The latest being to Phoenix again.

Above the snowcapped Oquirrh Mountains with
Utah Lake in the background.  I'm headed for
warmer air!!!!

Flying to Arizona, you get a gorgeous sampling
of what the Grand Canyon looks like with Lake
Powell...Stunning, beautiful, and
breath taking.  As many time as I have flown over and been
to this area by car,  I will never get tired of
looking at it.  

I love Palm trees.  They remind me of
feather dusters tickling the sky.  I liked these
because they are.... l.  Palm Trees, but also
because 2.  They are covered in "bling".  If I
had palm trees in my yard, I'd put lights
on them, too!!!  Why? Because I could.
That's why!!!!!


No matter where I go,  I always look up.  Sunsets in
Arizona never disappoint me. 

I know I'm almost home when I see the
outline of Utah Lake again.....


"OUR DAYS ARE HAPPIER WHEN
WE GIVE PEOPLE A BIT
OF OUR HEART
RATHER THAN A PIECE OF OUR MIND"

I don't know who said this quote, but it's the truth................and it's me............



Twitter@CotySimon
Instagram/Howunique310


No comments:

Post a Comment