Thursday, April 17, 2014

It's Spring

It's spring.....finally, but not finally for others.  Winter still has a hold on them.  I know the wicked Mother  Nature is not through for me either.  Just when I rid the winter clothes and put them in hibernation for the summer, Mother Nature throws a fit and lays down a blanket of snow.  Knock on wood, it hasn't happened yet, but I also haven't done the clothes switch either!!!!

April showers bring May flowers.  The cloud remnants also produce some pretty sunsets.  The leaves on my neighbors tree hasn't budded yet.  It's always the last to get leaves and the last to shed.  It's one of those trees that seems to give and give and give......all to me, during the fall.  It has these pods on them that look like boomerangs.  Hate them!!!!  The leaves are no big deal.  It's these boomerang seed pods that seem to make there way to my yard, up the driveway, and pile high by my back porch.  We always get a south wind blowing when an approaching winter storm is making it's way to Utah.  This is how the last of the stupid leaves that remain on the trees fall, blow all over, and the seed pods march up the driveway and plant themselves at my door.  You have to use a shovel to get them into the garbage can.  I kid you not...........


My love/hate tree.  I love my neighbors, but
this tree...........not so much 

This tree does have its plus side.  It's beautifully shaped with and without it's leaves.  It's during this naked time of the tree that the sunsets to the west filter through the limbs.  During the summer, the sun settles in the leaves as it sets.  


Not clouds, but smoke from a rather large fire......


I'm getting in the mood to take pictures of old buildings, windows,  peeling paint..........I'm finding my life as I knew it growing up, is being torn down and replaced.  Before it's too late, I'm a day late and a dollar short, I'd better capture some of these places for future memories....

A picture is worth a thousand words
The memories are priceless


Happy Easter my twitter friends and family.  Happy Easter to everyone on Instagram.  Capture those memories.  Shoot from your heart, capture them with your soul................

Love you all..............


Twitter@CotySimon
Instagram/Howunique310







No comments:

Post a Comment