Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Eyeing the Prize

Home is where the heart is.......most definitely.......I've spent a lot of time this year away from my home than I ever have.  I'm done now...it's time for me to put my roots back into the ground that I call home.

I spent several days around Yellowstone last week.....never made it inside the park, thanks to the shutdown, but I did have fun.  Came home for 24 hours.... long enough to empty my suitcase, do a load of laundry, and repack for one last, long weekend with the girls....and tell the hubby I'd see him on Sunday.  I'm married to a pretty cool guy who lets me spread my wings and fly............. 




Lava Hot Springs, Idaho is close and convenient for someone who wants to get away, soak in some marvelous hot pools, and take in Mother Natures glorious scenery. This was supposed to be my last "camping" trip with the girls, but two of the girls decided they wanted "luxury" over camping.  If you are looking for a comfortable place to lay your head, we didn't find it.  I think the motels in this tiny town must be in cahoots with the hot pools.  You sleep on their beds and wake up with the worst lower back ache from too soft mattresses.  This forces you to run, (hobble and hunched over actually), not walk, across the street, and ease your aching back into these therapeutic pools of bliss.......Best part, you have your choice of hot, hotter, and hotter-than-hell water...............Next time, I think they will opt for camping in a nice trailer, with comfortable beds!  The cool mountain air at night, soaking in the pools........awwwwwwwwwww, heaven, sheer heaven.............

It's a beautiful area and of course, the camera couldn't stay buried for long.  The fall colors are just about done, but are still very, very pretty.  







Dirt fields that once had hay, barley and potatoes planted in them are groomed and waiting for the winter snow....It's a vast land of colors and texture that you don't get with city life........and I think for some spunk and fun, the farmers see who can make the best crop circles, too........the rolling hills of green beg for you to stop, run up the hill, and roll down them...just like you did when you were a kid, laughing and giggling all the way down............






I'm sad my road trips have come to an end for the year......planning them for next year has already begun............




In no time the snow will fall.  Halloween is fast approaching, Thanksgiving is coming up, and then.......Christmas.........I can't wait to see what kind of mischief the ornament fairy and the Christmas elf get into this year.  Still can't find my sock the elf hid, and the ornament fairy took her sweet time putting ornaments on the tree.  She had way too much fun hanging out with the elf, and sharing a rather large martini..............









Twitter @CotySimon
Instagram.com - Howunique310

1 comment: