Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy


Waking up on Christmas morning when the boys were growing up, it was such a pleasure to see their faces light up when Santa actually nailed the "right" gift.  As they got older, attitudes changed, but it was still fun to see the looks on their faces when they got something that they weren't expecting, or it was a practical joke that made them laugh.

This year Santa nailed it.  I was on pins and needles for the last 3 months hoping that our oldest son would not buy the hottest gift on the Stars Wars market this year.....BB-8.........since September I'd listen to him talk about it and how he "just about" bought it.  Even the weekend before Christmas he came "this close" to buying it........I'm glad he didn't.........

It's been eon's since I've seen the look of surprise on this kids face and the smile that came with it.  Middle son got one, too, so when they both opened the same gift at the same time, I was doubly blessed with grins from ear to ear.........yes, happy, happy, joy, joy.......is all I could feel..........

This leaves son #3 who on Christmas morning was opening presents with his little family in Arizona........

I made up a cookbook for each of the boys this year.  In the recipe book are recipes from me and their two grandmothers......I heard from my baby boy when he opened it, it brought a tear to his eyes.  Sure wish I could have seen that, but I did get to see the surprised look and the "it's about time" look on the two boys I witnessed open the cookbook.............

As we all get older and wiser, shopping for that right gift becomes harder and harder.  Sometimes its not the most expensive gifts that make the heart smile, but the ones that come from the heart that is smiling, is what Christmas is all about.  BB-8 the Stars War toy was indeed a hit, but I think it was the cookbook that brought the most smiles....................


Our three sons who still bring joy to our hearts and a smile to our face......

2015 is almost gone......2016 is on the doorstep.  Resolutions? Nope.....I only break them within hours of the new year.......what I do "resolve" to do, is to always be a better person than I was the day before.  I don't look ahead to the tomorrows.  I have too much to do on my "todays"......I can't be bothered by the yesterdays either.......I live for the "right nows"........nothing more, nothing less, nothing ventured, nothing gained......

Happy New Year.................see you around in 2016.....

CotySimon@twitter.com
Howunique310/Instagram.com

No comments:

Post a Comment