Monday, August 19, 2013

In a blink of an eye


I'm writing this prior to my brain vacation......I have a "blog" all ready to go, complete with pictures, but in lieu of recent events,  I don't feel it's the time to post it.

This past year, I have met some pretty amazing people on Twitter.  People that I never would have gotten to know if I had not taken a chance.  I've decided that life is one huge chance.  Not  a risk, but a chance that you are given.  What you do with that chance is up to you.

All in one day, a death happened, and someone I know learned they have cancer.  There is no lessor of the two evils.  They are both bad.  Never met either one of these people, but I feel as if they have been part of my life forever.  All thanks to Twitter................

In just one day, two bads happened.  The death of a wonderful, and very young lady who America got attached to when she appeared on several reality shows.  The shows are long over with, but her name continued to appear from time to time.  She was never far from a lot of peoples thoughts. She was someones daughter, a best friend..... She took her own life.......................we are mourning for a life lost way to soon.  Her presence here on Earth is complete and an angel she has become.  Rest in peace #GiaAllemand.

I posted this photo on Instagram the morning of her death.  The official announcement of her death  hadn't been made yet, and I had not been told the other bad news.  As I sat in my easy chair outside waiting for Charlie the Dog to finish her business, I noticed this one, lonely flower.  It seemed to be begging to have it's picture taken.  There is nothing special about it.  It's just a flower.  A pretty flower, a happy flower.  I didn't feel like being happy at that moment.  I snapped the picture, looked at that lonely little flower and came to the conclusion, that even if you feel as if you are the only one, a lonely one, you are not alone......you are never alone...............




"Each time I step outside and head to the back yard, the flowers greet me with such beauty it can be overwhelming.  The colors magnificent, the scents they give fill my senses.  There is a reason to stop and smell the flowers.  Enjoy the NOW...make it memorable....because....you just blinked your eyes, and that moment is now gone...."

Someone I have never met personally, let me know she has cancer, breast cancer.  As I write this, she's not sure what kind, and what stage the cancer is in.  She'll find that out in a few days. The next week or so will be information overload.  Possible surgery, recovery, a treatment plan.....a lot to take in and process.  My heart aches for her.  This is a time when I wish I was close by, where I could run, give her a hug, and hold her tight.  Tell her that it's going to be okay.  It's going to be alright.  Everyone that knows this lady, I'm sure feels the same way.  No one deserves to have cancer inflicted upon them.  Especially her.  I feel a strong bond with her and because of that, I know she will fight with everything she's got and then some......no backing down.

I want nothing but the best for this gal.  I want good things to happen to her, not bad.  She's going to kick cancers ass and beat it.  I know it.  There is definite power in prayer, good thoughts, and having a confident attitude.  But all of that doesn't take away the hell she is going through right now.  The not knowing.  I wish I could grab it, bottle it up, and throw it away for her......I can't do that.

The pictures I take and I share are for everyone to see and enjoy.  I've said I am not a photographer.  Just a picture taker.  I am sharing now, my dear twitter friend,  these flowers for you,  the one whose life deserves every beautiful, blooming blossom around.  They are also for you, and you, and you.......all the good people, my friends, everyone out there that has had bad things happen in their life.   You deserve the color, the fragrance, and beauty flowers can give you.  It's not much, but it's what I have to give to you and share.


This sucks.........writing about bad news.  It doesn't put out good vibes at all.  I'm going to be feeling guilty sitting on a beach and having the sun warm my face........I'm going to be feeling guilty that I am enjoying a simple pleasure in life for me when others are not.







My thoughts, prayers and all the good vibrations I can muster up, are being sent to my friend.  I am thinking about you.  I am praying for you.  I believe in medicine, excellent doctors and the power of faith.   I am not a deeply religious person, but I do believe in a higher power.  I sometimes wonder why people are tested while on this Earth of ours.  I know things happen for a reason, but why give someone cancer or take a life.........explain that one to me.  Just don't tell me that it's to make you stronger............that is horse shit..........

My twitter friends are a close knit group.  We come from all over the country and world.  We're all different ages.  We care  about what happens to each other.  Being diagnosed with cancer, and it doesn't matter what kind, that 6 letter word can bring a person to their knees with fear.

Hug someone today.  Open up your arms and wrap them around someone.  Squeeze them and let them feel the power, the strength, and the warmth you have in your arms.  We always need a hug......we always can use a hug.........the best place to be.........is inside the arms of a hug.........

If you like reading my blogs, share it, please.  If I can make someone smile and they feel the warmth of my hug around them, then I'm doing something right..............

twitter@CotySimon
Instagram - Howunique310



No comments:

Post a Comment