Saturday, October 17, 2015

Falling Leaf

Like falling leaves on trees, I am letting go of summer.  It was a great summer for sure.  I am learning to let go of summer dangling the last bits of warm sunshine on my face, the smell of rain as it cleans the air, and watch as Mother Nature clears a path for what is ahead.......winter....... 


I had my last hurrah at the lake......never camped this late in the season.  Warm days, cold nights.....we were mostly alone at the lake.  A few trailers, but for the most part, we were alone.......a place that is usually bustling with boat motors, kids playing on the beach, the smells of BBQ in the air, and occasionally a horseshoe as it hits the mark in the pit........it was quiet.....eerily quiet and dark......pitch black dark.....

I have a sadness that has come over me knowing that I will be hibernating soon along with the bears.  I'm not a winter person anymore.......I don't like being cold.  I'll watch from the warmth of the house, the snow falling, covering the bare branches on trees and bushes.........I feel as the leaves drop from the branches and pile high on our side walk and at our back door, it's letting me know of what's to come.  Snow.....it will fall and pile high on the street and sidewalks, too, and it will pile high at the back door............I'll let Mother Nature paint a picture of white.............






Twitter@CotySimon
Instagram - Howunique310

No comments:

Post a Comment