Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Yesterday Today.........

Today is another day and for most people, another dollar to be made.   I always tell myself that yesterday is gone, it's a done deal, don't worry about it or worry about what happened or didn't happen.  Today is here.....enjoy it, relish it, embrace it, and tomorrow.....well it's too far away in the future to even think about what the tomorrows will bring.



I am a day late and a dollar short......yesterday was Tuesday, November 11, 2014.  Another day for some.  Not so for others.  Here in the Americas we celebrate a day to honor those who have served our country and who are still serving our country, protecting our country, fighting for our country.  We raise the American flag to fly in all her glory.  The stars and stripes, the red, white and blue.


It's no joke when I say that my human being loves to take pictures.  She's not a professional photographer by any means.  Just a simple, fun lovin', mischief makin' human (the latter being with my help, her inner child).......


Cruising through another social media site, I came across a picture of an American flag.  What is it that this piece of cloth brings tears to my eyes when I see it flying?  I do have a special bond with the picture.  It was a picture that I took over a year ago just prior to the anniversary of a dreadful day in September.

I was leaving work on a warm, pre-fall afternoon.  In the parking lot, waving way up high on a flag pole was a magnificent huge American flag whipping around violently from the wind that had picked up.  A storm was brewing and getting ready to unleash it's power.  I made it to my car, sat there and watched this flag twist and turn, whip and lash out into the air.  I am never without some sort of camera to take a picture or a dozen.  I snapped several shots of this flag, turned my car on, and drove home.  As I drove I couldn't help but notice the many flags that were flying.  It occurred to me that I use some of these flags that fly really high up on a flag pole as reference points to where I am going, places of business, or areas that I am headed to.  I also realized that if I didn't see these flags, I would be lost without them.


 If I didn't have the service men and women in this country protecting us, I would be lost without them, too.  I may be a day late and a dollar short in recognizing these fine people on their day, Veterans Day, which is always the second Tuesday of November, so I am doing it now.  I am doing it now because one day is not enough to honor these people.  This is a everyday honor.  My hubby served in the Army proudly during the Viet Nam war.  I thank him and every one else for a job well done and for coming home...................

Thank you Carol S. for the inspiration for this blog post.  Thank you also for using my picture.  I post the pictures for people to enjoy.  I don't do it for gratification.  I do it for others to see and enjoy.  Sharing is caring and that is what I do.......................




My country tis of thee.......sweet land of liberty..............

And, I am PROUD to be an AMERICAN............



Twitter@CotySimon
Instagram.com/Howunique310


1 comment: