Monday, June 9, 2014

Sit a Spell

The trend in our neighborhood for the last several years is to be in the front yard mingling with your neighbors, sitting on lawn chairs in the evening.  It's not a new concept by all means.  The neighborhood I lived  and grew up in did this, every single night during the warm summer nights.  But back then, air conditioning was not a common thing to have.  You stayed outside until the inside cooled off.   

Air conditioning is a common item to have in a home now, but I like this new old trend again of sitting outside, reading a book, having a glass of wine, or just sitting and enjoying the fresh air and chit chatting with the neighbors.  

I've always had a couple of chairs on my front porch.  I like to sit there when it's dark outside.  I like to listen to the sounds of the night.  It's quiet for the most part.  The crickets seem to have quite the orchestra going, but other than that, it's quiet, peaceful, and serene.  

A couple of weeks ago, I decided that my front porch chairs needed sprucing up.  I was tired of the pale yellow and figured spray painting the chairs a bright, fire engine red would do the trick, then topping them off with lime green pillows........yep, can't miss my front porch now.   




I like flowers.  Lots of flowers.  After a long, cold, and snowy winter, the flowers make me smile.  I hope you have something that makes you smile, too..........





If you're ever in my neighborhood, come on up and sit a spell.  

Twitter@CotySimon
Instagram/Howunique310

No comments:

Post a Comment