Monday, November 25, 2013

Humble Eyes

As a typical, average everyday, person, I find myself along with thousands of other typical, average everyday people, thinking this is the only time of the year to be thankful and to be grateful.   We  should be thanking our lucky stars each day we have a roof over our heads, food on the table, friends and family to share our joy, tears, and laughter.   Mother Nature showed us that she's still in charge.  She carved out a path of destruction in the midwest recently.  Just in time to displace many people and put more sadness and sorrow in peoples hearts that don't deserve to have their hearts taken up with it.

My human being, bless her heart, has been living in destruction and construction for a month now.  She has no room to complain with what happened recently.  A lot has been going on in the house, but the destruction she's had does not compare to the lives lost, the houses destroyed, or the families displaced from Mother Natures wrath.   With these recent events, now isn't the time to show the changes her house is going through when she knows others don't have a home..........it's high time for me and my human to count our many blessings and be thankful.  Thankful and grateful we woke up and saw daylight once again.  Pictures of the new fireplace can wait until next week.................


******************

"Over the river and through the woods"................it's that time of year you want to burst out into song, sing Christmas carols that are playing everywhere, watch the Hallmark Channel with nonstop Christmas movies, eat to your hearts content and ignore your complaining stomach..........pretty sure Tums, Rolaids, and other OTC antacids make a killing this time of the year......

Once Halloween is over with, concentrating on Christmas becomes center stage.  Thanksgiving is just a day you eat big fat turkeys stuffed with goodness.   Pile mashed potatoes high, smother them in giblet gravy, and spoon green bean casserole onto your plate.  Pass around the cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes with brown sugar and melted marsh mellows.   Have a homemade roll with butter and jam.   If you live in Utah......J-E-L-L-O, whether it be plain and jiggly, or with fruit inside placed on a bed of cottage cheese or lettuce.........Now that you are stuffed just like the Big Tom you ate, lets top it off with a slice of pumpkin pie or pecan pie or both, with real whipping cream..............praise the Lord that you don't keel over with a heart attack.  In all seriousness, when she sits down to the dinner table with her hubby and boys,  she will take a moment to be thankful for what she's got and not for what she wants.  Her needs are simple.  She has warmth from a hug, a heart full of love, and a family that she adores.

....I am and she is....grateful:


To live in a country where I am free to roam, express myself, and enjoy freedom of speech.


To travel the dusty roads of this fine country.  Take the scenic road, get off the beaten path.  Not having to follow a straight line.  Being free to chose where I might wander.


 For walking outside my back door and seeing this.  Having two eyes still able to see..........



Living in a state that gives me magnificent and breath taking views....no matter where I go.........

BEAR LAKE

PACIFIC OCEAN

For the lake and the ocean that has so much of  my heart scattered along the sandy shores..My eyes will never get tired of looking at these bodies of water, nor will my heart ever stop beating for them.........


My fur babies...... Charlie the dog who travels with me, keeps me company on the long, lonely highways.   I'm grateful for Bear the Shitzu.  He tries my patience at times, but the unconditional love he gives is worth it.


The sky that gives me pleasure in the clouds that dance across it.  The air I breath, the wind that blows against my face......I never get tired of looking around or looking up........


For these three goof balls who take great delight in flipping off my human being.  God bless her and her soul (me) for raising such characters.  They are the apples of her eyes......the mischievous, fun loving trio of testosterone.................



Her loving husband.....she's grateful for the man she married, who puts up with her wandering down the road ways with camera in hand, never getting lost and always finding her way home.

*****************

Happy Thanksgiving my friends......may your day be filled with joy and laughter.  Your bellies full of good food prepared by loving hands.  I hope your day fills your heart with more love than it will hold.  Share this overflow........open up your arms and surround your heart with the warmth from a hug.   Make the moments count......you're going to be passed out from the sedation the turkey gave you.

A happy and thankful day to my friends who don't live in America.....have a great day, enjoy your family, your friends and know that I will be thinking of you and wishing you well................

Twitter@CotySimon
Instagram.com/Howunique310




1 comment:

  1. Oh Coty, this is the best Thanksgiving/Christmas Card that anyone could ever want. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself and your private life. Rarely do we see so much of each other but to have a glimpse into the life of one another is precious. I am humbled and delighted. You are the best! Right back at ya', babe!

    ReplyDelete